• The Community Concert Series will present Alaska String Band, featuring American showcase tunes and a variety of styles including Hawaiian and Celtic. Performance is 7 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 9 in Carpenter Auditorium at Pratt Community College.
• The David Ramsey series "Begin Your Journey" to help people build a legacy will begin at 6 p.m. at the Genesis Center at 123 North Oak in Pratt. Series is 6 p.m. every Thursday from Feb. 9 to March 23. Contact email@example.com.
• The Kiowa County High School Mavericks will play Hodgeman County in Jetmore Friday, Feb. 10. The JV girls will play at 4 p.m. in the new gym. The JV boys will play at 5 p.m. in the new gym. The varsity girls will play in the new gym and the C team boys will play in the old gym at 6:30 p.m. The varsity boys will play at 8 p.m. in the new gym.
• The Twilight Theatre will show "Rogue One: A Star Wars Story at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 10 and 11 and at 2:30 p.m. Feb. 12. From Lucasfilm comes the first of the Star Wars standalone films, "Rogue One: A Star Wars Story," an all-new epic adventure. IFrom Lucasfilm comes the first of the Star Wars standalone films, "Rogue One: A Star Wars Story," an all-new epic adventure.
Former scientist Galen Erso lives on a farm with his wife and young daughter Jyn. His peaceful existence comes crashing down when the evil Orson Krennic takes him away from his beloved family. Many years later, Galen is now the Empire's lead engineer for the most powerful weapon in the galaxy, the Death Star. Knowing that her father holds the key to its destruction, a vengeful Jyn joins forces with a spy and other resistance fighters to steal the space station's plans for the Rebel Alliance.
In a time of conflict, a group of unlikely heroes band together on a mission to steal the plans to the Death Star, the Empire's ultimate weapon of destruction. This key event in the Star Wars timeline brings together ordinary people who choose to do extraordinary things, and in doing so, become part of something greater than themselves. Rogue One is an epic space opera film directed by Gareth Edwards from a script by Chris Weitz and Tony Gilroy based on a story by John Knoll and Gary Whitta.
• Pratt Community College will host a dinner, dessert and show at 6:30 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 11 at PCC. Encore will serenade during the meal. Tickets for dinner and show are $15 for adults and $10 for children. Reservations are suggested. Contact Amanda at 620-450-2212 for reservations.